TableThink’s Sunday Soul Work
Today we begin the third advent week with our focus on joy.
C.S. Lewis wrote, “Joy is the serious business of heaven.”
Joy transforms the messiness, pressures, and tragedies of the world.
The thing is . . . I’ve learned joy is heaven’s gift . . . and an element of the power of faith and hope which walks us through the hard places of life.
Listen . . .
Think On This . . .
The people in the Christmas story were not exempt from the hardships of life.
Mary, the mother of Jesus, had to “step over” her challenges to experience joy.
Certainly, the ancient society did not understand or approve of Mary’s pregnancy occurring before marriage.
She described joy in the midst of the pressures she faced:
Her words are worth thinking on as the third week of advent begins.
Humanity desperately needs heaven’s gift of joy.
Share joy to the world.
Light Three Candles
light the candle symbolizing hope . . .
light the candle symbolizing love . . .
and light the candle symbolizing joy.
Joy is heaven’s gift to be experienced every. single. day.
Perspective . . .
“I’m bursting with God-news;
I’m dancing the song of my Savior God.
God took one good look at me, and look what happened—
I’m the most fortunate woman on earth!
What God has done for me will never be forgotten,
the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others . . .“ (Excerpt from Luke 1:46-55 in the Message translation).
- Advent: Sunday, December 1 . . . Hope
- Advent: Monday, December 2 . . . Hope
- Advent: Tuesday, December 3 . . . Hope
- Advent: Wednesday, December 4 . . . Hope
- Advent: Thursday, December 5 . . . Hope
- Advent: Friday, December 6 . . . Hope
- Advent: Saturday, December 7 . . . Hope
- Advent: Sunday, December 8 . . . Love
- Advent: Monday, December 9 . . . Love
- Advent: Tuesday, December 10 . . . Love
- Advent: Wednesday, December 11 . . . Love
- Advent: Thursday, December 12 . . . Love
- Advent: Friday, December 13 . . . Love
- Advent: Saturday, December 14 . . . Love
- Advent: Sunday, December 15 . . . Joy
We are anticipating great days ahead as we continue to prepare for launching our new website, online community, and more. We have encountered some obstacles which has delayed our launch until February 2020. We hope you will join us in praying for what more God has for all of us in this time of waiting.
TableThink’s Four Essential Elements Of Living 1. Meaning. 2. Purpose. 3. Fulfillment. 4. Influence.
- I will live a meaningful life. I will: Love God. Love myself. Love others.
- I will live a purposeful life. I will: Align. Assimilate. Activate.
- I will live a fulfilled life. I will: Inspire. Innovate. Invest.
- I will live an influential life. I will: Live.
TableThink’s Weekly Rhythm, Routine, And Ritual
- Routine: A regular and fixed weekly best practice.
- Rhythm: A sequenced pattern of living.
- Ritual: A set apart time and space for meaningful and sacred moments.
- It’s our mission to invest our time and energy in serving you with inspiration and innovation to live the best in your exceptional life.