Today is a day of joy for my family. Today is the day a new chapter began in our life. Today is the day we celebrate the homecoming of our son.
He was only a few months old when he came across the sea to come home; however, it seemed I had always known him.
At age five, I announced to the world what I knew to be true: I would be adopting a child. No one had talked to me about adoption. But. I knew.
It was the kind of knowing which only can be explained as from God. I prayed for twenty-eight years before he came home. There were times I did not see how it could happen or when it could happen. There were times I became discouraged and disappointed when the dream seemed impossible and unrealistic.
There were times I believed God was at work and had not forgotten the dream put in my heart.
There were times friends and family went out of their way to speak life into my dream.
The dream stayed alive.
While we waited for his homecoming, I knew life would change; however, I had no idea of the incredible impact my son would have in my life. Each chapter of his life has always ended with the blessing of knowing God in new and amazing ways.
When all is said and done, today is a reminder that God is always present and at work in the big and small details of life.
This. is. joy.
Listen . . .
Think On This . . .
Each day holds the opportunity to experience joy through the awareness of the reality of God’s presence.
Genesis 28 paints a picture of the moment Jacob, one of the ancient patriarchs, became aware of God’s presence in the time and space he occupied.
Jacob’s words align with the moment the individuals, who had gathered around the baby born in the manger, realized they were in the presence of God, Immanuel.
In reality, God is always with us. Our awareness of the presence of God allows us to understand we are not alone.
Knowing the presence of God is an incredible . . . wonderful . . . holy gift.
Light Three Candles
Today . . .
light the candle symbolizing hope . . .
light the candle symbolizing love . . .
and light the candle symbolizing joy.
Take time to be aware of the reality of God’s presence.
Experience the incredible, wonderful, and holy gift of knowing God is with you.
Perspective . . .
Then God was right before him, saying, “I am God, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. I’m giving the ground on which you are sleeping to you and to your descendants. Your descendants will be as the dust of the Earth; they’ll stretch from west to east and from north to south. All the families of the Earth will bless themselves in you and your descendants. Yes. I’ll stay with you, I’ll protect you wherever you go, and I’ll bring you back to this very ground. I’ll stick with you until I’ve done everything I promised you” (Genesis 28: 13-15 (MSG)).
Daily Advent Think On This Podcast And Devotional
- Advent: Sunday, December 1 . . . Hope
- Advent: Monday, December 2 . . . Hope
- Advent: Tuesday, December 3 . . . Hope
- Advent: Wednesday, December 4 . . . Hope
- Advent: Thursday, December 5 . . . Hope
- Advent: Friday, December 6 . . . Hope
- Advent: Saturday, December 7 . . . Hope
- Advent: Sunday, December 8 . . . Love
- Advent: Monday, December 9 . . . Love
- Advent: Tuesday, December 10 . . . Love
- Advent: Wednesday, December 11 . . . Love
- Advent: Thursday, December 12 . . . Love
- Advent: Friday, December 13 . . . Love
- Advent: Saturday, December 14 . . . Love
- Advent: Sunday, December 15 . . . Joy
- Advent: Monday, December 16 . . . Joy
- Advent: Tuesday, December 17 . . . Joy
- Advent: Wednesday, December 18 . . . Joy
- Advent: Thursday, December 19 . . . Joy
We are anticipating great days ahead as we continue to prepare for launching our new website, online community, and more. We have encountered some obstacles which has delayed our launch until February 2020. We hope you will join us in praying for what more God has for all of us in this time of waiting.
TableThink’s Four Essential Elements Of Living 1. Meaning. 2. Purpose. 3. Fulfillment. 4. Influence.
- I will live a meaningful life. I will: Love God. Love myself. Love others.
- I will live a purposeful life. I will: Align. Assimilate. Activate.
- I will live a fulfilled life. I will: Inspire. Innovate. Invest.
- I will live an influential life. I will: Live.
TableThink’s Weekly Rhythm, Routine, And Ritual
- Routine: A regular and fixed weekly best practice.
- Rhythm: A sequenced pattern of living.
- Ritual: A set apart time and space for meaningful and sacred moments.
- It’s our mission to invest our time and energy in serving you with inspiration and innovation to live the best in your exceptional life.