TableThink Tuesday is our day to intentionally focus on a *best practice. Today’s focus is on the best practice of trust in the spaces of waiting. In the article, Best Practice . . . Four Elements, it’s noted:
Trust is an essential element in expectant waiting. Of course, learning to trust is a lifetime process. Fear, the greatest obstacle to trusting, has to be acknowledged and surrendered to trust. By the way, fear is as much of a habit as it is a state-of-being.
Through the grace of God, we’re given the power to exchange fear for trust.
As noted time and time again in our articles and podcast . . . grace is the power . . . to do what we are unable to do on our own.
Fear is a powerful entity; however, trust is powerfully transforming when it’s practiced.
The thing is . . . there’s a soul-deep shift when there’s trust . . .
- in the seen and unseen work of God.
- in the possibilities to come.
- in the new of the day.
- in the not-yet.
At the end of the day, trust allows us to navigate living the best every. single. day.
Listen . . .
Think On This . . .
The timing of Christ’s coming to earth is one of my favorite parts of the story in Luke 2.
People waited for the Messiah.
The people had to trust God loved them even though the Messiah did not come for one generation after the other.
To trust God with right timing is not easy when it does not come as soon as it’s prayed.
Waiting is beyond challenging at times.
Even so, timing reveals the power of God’s love, even though waiting can seem so wrong.
The way all of humanity would be impacted with the birth of the Messiah mattered.
Looking backwards, we are able to see how all the details came together for the right time for the Messiah to be born.
Love is revealed as much in the waiting as the actual event.
Christmas is the revelation of perfect love.
Light Two Candles
Today . . . light the candle symbolizing hope in last week’s celebration and light the candle symbolizing love in this week’s celebration. . . tell the story of God’s love revealed through the timing of Jesus’ birth.
Perspective . . .
“And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born” ( Luke 2:6 (NLT)).
*Note . . .
As pastors and life-coaches, we’ve listened to the stories of many people over the years. It’s clear (more than ever) that individuals who work to develop best practices (healthy habits) and delete what’s not working (unhealthy habits) will find fulfillment and live their best.
Yes. Developing best practices is a life-time process. It requires intentionality and action.
When we keep doing what’s not working, it will continue not to work. In other words, we become our own victim when we do less than best. Best practices are an investment to the fulfillment of our best.
- Advent: Sunday, December 1 . . . Hope
- Advent: Monday, December 2 . . . Hope
- Advent: Tuesday, December 3 . . . Hope
- Advent: Wednesday, December 4 . . . Hope
- Advent: Thursday, December 5 . . . Hope
- Advent: Friday, December 6 . . . Hope
- Advent: Saturday, December 7 . . . Hope
- Advent: Sunday, December 8 . . . Love
- Advent: Monday, December 9 . . . Love
- Advent: Tuesday, December 10 . . . Love
- Advent: Wednesday, December 11 . . . Love
We are anticipating great days ahead as we continue to prepare for launching our new website, online community, and more. We have encountered some obstacles which has delayed our launch until February 2020. We hope you will join us in praying for what more God has for all of us in this time of waiting.
TableThink’s Four Essential Elements Of Living
1. Meaning. 2. Purpose. 3. Fulfillment. 4. Influence.
- I will live a meaningful life. I will: Love God. Love myself. Love others.
- I will live a purposeful life. I will: Align. Assimilate. Activate.
- I will live a fulfilled life. I will: Inspire. Innovate. Invest.
- I will live an influential life. I will: Live.
TableThink’s Weekly Rhythm, Routine, And Ritual
- Routine: A regular and fixed weekly best practice.
- Rhythm: A sequenced pattern of living.
- Ritual: A set apart time and space for meaningful and sacred moments.
- It’s our mission to invest our time and energy in serving you with inspiration and innovation to live the best in your exceptional life.