Today’s Advent message on our podcast and in our article is dedicated to a wonderful woman, Devonia Mikkelson. She took a risk of faith with us and boldly helped start a church.
Devonia was in her mid-eighties . . . when she joined our team . . . with conviction and belief in what we were hoping to accomplish.
Devonia’s death left a space at the table. We are grateful for her friendship, leadership, and legacy of words.
Listen . . .
Think On This . . .
We sat at the table together—all ages, young and old, sharing lunch and conversation. One of our favorites . . . Devonia Mikkelson . . . always made sure she sat at our table . . . changing the dynamics of the conversation . . . with her sense of humor and wisdom.
We all leaned in to listen, ready to laugh as well as to receive her wisdom.
On her last Sunday on earth, she gave a four point message of the way to experience joy:
Appreciate the moment.
Enjoy your life now.” ~Devonia Mikkelson
There’s nothing to add to this message . . . it’s truth and wisdom . . . especially in this Christmas season of joy.
Light Three Candles
Today . . .
light the candle symbolizing hope . . .
light the candle symbolizing love . . .
and light the candle symbolizing joy.
intentionally focus on the joy in the moment.
Perspective . . .
How did I deserve such a remarkable honor
to have the mother of my Lord come and visit me?
The moment you came in the door and greeted me,
my baby danced inside me with ecstatic joy!
Great favor is upon you, for you have believed
every word spoken to you from the Lord” (Luke 1:43-45 (TPT)).
Daily Advent Think On This Podcast And Devotional
- Advent: Sunday, December 1 . . . Hope
- Advent: Monday, December 2 . . . Hope
- Advent: Tuesday, December 3 . . . Hope
- Advent: Wednesday, December 4 . . . Hope
- Advent: Thursday, December 5 . . . Hope
- Advent: Friday, December 6 . . . Hope
- Advent: Saturday, December 7 . . . Hope
- Advent: Sunday, December 8 . . . Love
- Advent: Monday, December 9 . . . Love
- Advent: Tuesday, December 10 . . . Love
- Advent: Wednesday, December 11 . . . Love
- Advent: Thursday, December 12 . . . Love
- Advent: Friday, December 13 . . . Love
- Advent: Saturday, December 14 . . . Love
- Advent: Sunday, December 15 . . . Joy
- Advent: Monday, December 16 . . . Joy
- Advent: Tuesday, December 17 . . . Joy
- Advent: Wednesday, December 18 . . . Joy
We are anticipating great days ahead as we continue to prepare for launching our new website, online community, and more. We have encountered some obstacles which has delayed our launch until February 2020. We hope you will join us in praying for what more God has for all of us in this time of waiting.
TableThink’s Four Essential Elements Of Living 1. Meaning. 2. Purpose. 3. Fulfillment. 4. Influence.
- I will live a meaningful life. I will: Love God. Love myself. Love others.
- I will live a purposeful life. I will: Align. Assimilate. Activate.
- I will live a fulfilled life. I will: Inspire. Innovate. Invest.
- I will live an influential life. I will: Live.
TableThink’s Weekly Rhythm, Routine, And Ritual
- Routine: A regular and fixed weekly best practice.
- Rhythm: A sequenced pattern of living.
- Ritual: A set apart time and space for meaningful and sacred moments.
- It’s our mission to invest our time and energy in serving you with inspiration and innovation to live the best in your exceptional life.