The idea of taking “five” came from the three words, “be utterly amazed“ in this God-word:
Take a breath.
2. Be aware.
Look beyond the stuff and know God is present.
3. Be open.
Receive God’s more.
4. Be amazed.
Look up and see the miracle of it all.
5. Be grateful.
Give thanks for your life and all things whether life is or is not wonderful in the moment.
Thoughts On The Five
Be aware of God’s presence throughout the day.
Taking the day for granted is wasting the time God has generously given.
Receive the day as a gift.
When we’re focused on the schedule, tasks, and circumstances of the day, we miss God’s holy work in it all.
Experience God’s more.
When we choose to be amazed in all things rather than being exhausted from all things, I’m certain God is present and at work.
See the unseen presence and work of God.
When we’re grateful, we are living in the space of grace rather than bitterness, shame, or blame.
Be grateful every. single. day.
Ultimately, grace gives the power to do what we can’t do on our own. Only God can bring us to the point of being utterly amazed.
Note . . .
As pastors and life-coaches, we’ve listened to the stories of many people over the years. It’s clear (more than ever) that individuals who work to develop best practices (healthy habits) and delete what’s not working (unhealthy habits) will find fulfillment and live their best.
Yes. Developing best practices is a life-time process. It requires intentionality and action.
When we keep doing what’s not working, it will continue not to work. In other words, we become our own victim when we do less than best. Best practices are an investment to the fulfillment of our best.
The thing is . . . fulfillment rises exponentially when best practices are developed . . . becoming a part of the rhythm, routine, and ritual (our three “R’s”) of our daily life:
- Routine: A regular and fixed weekly best practice.
- Rhythm: A harmonious and synchronistic pattern of living.
- Ritual: A space for meaningful and sacred moments.
- Best Practice: Organization
- Best Practice: Organize One Thing
- Best Practice: Intentional Gratefulness
- Best Practice: Navigating The Hard
- Best Practice: Inspirational Organization
- Best Practice: Be Present
- Best Practice: Find Reason
- Best Practice: An Evening Decompression
- Best Practice: Think And Believe The Best
- Best Practice: Intentionally Bless The Difficult
- Best Practice: Use Your Words
- Best Practice: Calm In Crisis
- Best Practice: Reduce Stress
- Best Practice: Take Responsibility Of “Yes”
- Best Practice: Bless Others
- Best Practice: Fully Invested
It’s our mission to invest our time and energy in serving you with inspiration and innovation to live the best in your exceptional life.